When I was a young girl, I was convinced that the Nazis were going to storm our house and take me away or kill us. My mother sat me down and explained the difference between rational and irrational fears. Since then my irrational fears have multiplied exponentially.
- I will be killed like the Clutters.
- I will be pushed in front a subway
- A crane will fall on my head
- I will choke on a turkey and bacon wrap
- A drunk driver will hit my car head on
- I will fall while crossing the street and get run over; manuscripts will spill out of my canvas tote and the pages will be taken up by the wind and scatter over Fifth Avenue like confetti.
What’s your irrational fear(s)?
p.s. two people haven’t claimed their copy of Calf. So please send me your address for your copy.
Filed under: Uncategorized |