Betsy Lerner has given talks and workshops at Columbia University, Harvard University, Yale University, Pratt Institute, The City College of New York, Emerson College, Goucher College, Breadloaf Writers Conference, Radcliffe Publishing Course, Goddard College, Tin House Summer Conference, Miami Book Fair, LA Times Book Fair, Florida Writer’s Conference, Denver Publishing Institute, Lighthouse Publishing Conference, Aspen Writers Conference, William Patterson University, Holy Cross College, University of North Texas, RJ Julia Booksellers, Salon.com, BarnesandNoble.com among others.
Frequently requested topics include:
- How to get an agent
- How to write a query letter
- How to write a proposa
- What should I expect from a publisher?
- Titles Workshop – what is my work really about?
- First Page Test – how to keep people reading
- What should I look for in a contract?
- Should I hire an editor, self-publish, e-publish?
- Self promotion – do I need a blog, website, facebook; should I tweet?
- After I get an agent, what’s the process?
- After I get a publisher, what’s the process?
- Should I get an MFA?
- What if my agent stops returning my calls?
Please contact her to set up a program or talk for your school, conference or writer’s group.
A free examination copy of THE FOREST FOR THE TREES is available to professors for course-use consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping address, course title and enrollment, and decision date. Please include The Forest for the Trees 978-1594484834 in the subject line of your e-mail.